It has to be my biggest pet hate! “I don’t have the time”
- Stop mindlessly surfing the Internet! Britons spend nearly 1 day a month online. Turn it off, get your running shoes on and get out the front door.
- Get up earlier! You’re overweight? Unhappy? So is the solution to bore people to death with “I don’t have time” or get yourself out of your pit with a “By any means necessary” attitude and exercise! Few people want to workout before a session…. EVERYONE feels great about themselves after.
- Instead of staring at your daughter doing her ballet class week after week and wasting that hour, get out and run round the park! It’ll put you in a great mood and kicks tart your weekend off to a great start.
- When I take my sons to the park I almost always turn it into a workout not just for me but for them. We get the football and I always make sure we’ve got a sweat on before we go home. Put some colour in there cheeks, smiles on their faces and fry a few calories for yourself at the same time.Â Obviously this won’t always work with toddlers.
- Run/cycle/skateboard/roller blade to work…. “Boo Hoooo we don’t have a shower at work.” Then do it on the way home!
- Lunch hour, don’t waste this time…. You could get a golden 30 minute swim in or a jog round the park then follow it by eating a healthy snack at your desk.
- Forget coffee with a friend, make a plan to run with them and catch up that way.
- Forget the lift and take the stairs…. We all know this one but few of us put it into action. STRIKE!
- More things to do with the kids, push ups with them on your back, squats them on your back. They love it, shoulder press a toddler, that’ll get your heart beating. Teach them how to lunge and sprint. Set an example for them and show them that exercise is fun enjoyable and a way of life
10. Cars run on money and save body fat, bikes run on body fat and save money. They’re also so much quicker in the city and much easier to park.