- Avoid heavily processed foods…. Food companies will put anything in their food to make it taste good and get you to consume more of it! They can’t make more people but they are doing a great job of making us consume more calories!
- Don’t eat carbohydrates late at night…Â This is when your body enjoys storing fat
- Â Avoid fad diets, they’re unsustainable. You’ll never keep the weight off long term unless you learn how to eat a healthy, balanced, unprocessed high fibre diet.
- Friend or accomplice? Distance yourself from people around you who encourageÂ bad behaviour and don’t have your best interests at heart. Think about this one.
- Visualise the thinner you and make it your mission to be the best possible version of yourself.
- Don’t go light at lunch! It seems like a great idea to have a salad at lunch then as soon as you are home from work you rip the fridge door off and loose your mind.
- Know thy self! Plan ahead, weekends away, visitors, parties… Etc Know your weakness’s and plan how to deal with them. Don’t turn up to events hungry, have a healthy snack before you leave the house.
- Speak to a friend, partner or family about how you feel about your weight. Use honestÂ vivid language. I feel this really helps you understand what’s going on in your own world and gives you the motivation.
- Understand this, you don’t have a sweet tooth, you’re addicted to sugar! See it as a drug! It’s way to strong for you to wean yourself off of it! Don’t kid yourself! The only way is cold turkey.
10. Exercise! Make it part of your life. Run round the park, walk up a hill, box, swim, abseil…. I don’t care what you do just move, and do it often!! If you can’t motivate yourself or you don’t know how… Get yourself a Personal Trainer and do it right!