A selection of stories about health, exercise and weight loss from around the web, including food news!
- At Wired, How Olympians Choose Which Sports Supplements Are Worth It
- The New York Times asks, Is Sushi ‘Healthy’? What About Granola? Where Americans and Nutritionists Disagree
- Open Data Institute presents “Britain’s diet in data,” an interactive reckoning of the last 50 years of eating in Britain. Really fun to click around.
- What food is indigenous to your area? This chart, “Origins and Primary Regions of Diversity of Agricultural Crops,” shows what you should be eating. In France, apples, artichokes, asparagus, cabbages, carrots, clovers, figs, hazelnuts, hops, leeks, lettuce, olives, peas, rape and mustard seeds and beets are all local. You can buy all these things at the street markets in Paris!
- Finally, The Guardian has the Very Important Sport News that The Beer Mile World Classic, a kind of marathon with beer, is coming to London on July 31st!